CHRISTMAS COOKIES

December 05, 2013

 
Fa la la la la la la la la....well...as many of you in England may know the weather is wild today and this has presented some difficulties in getting to work today. As much as that would usually be a cause for celebration I have SO much stuff to do today. Urgh. So instead of sitting and stressing like I have been I'm distracting myself by sharing this lovely post for you guys.
 
I made some Christmas cookies the other day and thought I would share the recipe. It's super easy and yummy too! 
 


Ingredients:

200g butter, 150g caster sugar, 50g soft brown sugar, few drops of vanilla, pinch of salt, 1 egg, 400g plain flour


Method:

I like to use my Kenwood Patisserie mixer to mix the dough but if you're feeling strong you can mix by hand!

Add the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt to the bowl and cream together. Beat the egg and mix in until just incorporated. Sift in the flour and beat until a dough forms. Roll into a ball and wrap in cling film. Chill for around 30 minutes in the fridge.

When chilled roll out so around 1/2 cm thick and cut out your cookies. I like to use stars and Christmas trees! Lay out on greaseproof paper and bake in an oven set at 160 degrees for around 6 - 8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.



Leave to cool until completely cold and then decorate! I used icing sugar mixed with a little water and iced the tops and then used holly and snowflake sprinkles to decorate. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...